Spaghetti with anchovies and crispy capers – Serves 4
• 400g good quality spaghetti
• 8 tbsp Sandhurst olive oIl
• 24 finely chopped Sandhurst anchovy fillets
• 4 tbsp of Sandhurst capers
• 2 clove garlic, chopped
• 2 chilli, chopped
• 8tbsp vegetable oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the water in a saucepan on high until it boils.
2. Put the chopped anchovy fillets in a medium frypan with olive oil and let it infuse. Mix the
garlic and chilli on low heat.
3. Fry the capers in a small frypan with vegetable oil until they open up like a flower and are crispy.
4. Once the water begins to boil cook the spaghetti.
5. Strain the spaghetti and reserve a bit of the cooking water and put the spaghetti into the
frypan with the anchovies.
6. Toss through the pasta for 2 minutes adding the reserved cooking water if required.
7. Sprinkle the leftover anchovy fillets on top of the capers.