- 1.5kg Trimmed Shoulder of Lamb
- 1tsp Ground Coriander
- 1tsp Ground Fennelseed
- 1/2tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- 1tsp Ground Pepper
- 20ml Olive Oil
- 4 Red Onions (peeled and cut in halves)
- 2 Garlic Heads (top quarter cut off)
- 1/2 Bunch of Lemon Thyme Spriggs
- Meredith Dairy Marinated Goat Cheese
- 1.5 Bunches of Dutch Carrots (peeled)
- 4 Parsnips (peeled, cut in 4 pieces lengthways)
- 2 Bulbs of Fennel (cut in 2cm slices)
- 1tsp Honey
Combine spices, honey, salt, pepper and olive oil, making 3-4 slashes across the top of the lamb and rub over.
Preheat oven to 140C.
Put lamb in a large roasting tin with the garlic, onions and lemon thyme, pour 125ml water around the lamb.
Cover tightly with sheet of foil, place in oven. Cook 4 hours.
Turn oven to 185C, remove lamb, take off foil and set aside.
Place prepared vegetables around lamb.
Put lamb and vegetables in oven and cook for 30 minutes, re-covering lamb with foil if it seems to be burning.
Remove from oven, combine vegetables with Meredith Dairy Marinated Goat Cheese and arrange with lamb on a warm platter.
Pull the lamb into chunks to serve.